Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: JRSC and fuel economy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jimmyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I live in Australia and am looking at buying a 93+ model Integra, and am seriously looking at installing a supercharger.
    this will be my day-to-day car so i'm a big concerned about myths of much higher fuel consumption with superchargers . over a turbo system..

    does anyone have any recommendations with this ? fuel/power comparisons between these ?

    any help is much appreciated =]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It will go down. Unless you install the JR BTC, and you never get into boost. Once into boost though, you'll go through more fuel. Get the BTC, and it won't be too bad.

    ------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.groupbuycenter.com/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/integra/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.groupbuycenter.com/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/integra/</A>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jimmyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    BTC ?
    what is this and how does it work ? smile

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Use this link and do a search:
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/sea...tro&default=40

    Search for "BTC" and look at some of the first posts on it (around August of 2000).

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I get 27mpg with 95% highway / 5% city driving.

    I get 25mpg with 80% highway / 20% city driving.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @6psi, AEM CAI/RSR 4-2-1/Greddy PE, Cartech 20005/Walbro GSS-342/TPS Mod, JR BTC, KYB AGX/H&R OE Sport/ST 19mm Rear Swaybar
    Best 1/4 ==&gt; 13.937 @ 101.41mph
    My JRSC Install Site

  6. #6
    Inactive Member strng1dah's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 1999
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holden:
    I get 27mpg with 95% highway / 5% city driving.

    I get 25mpg with 80% highway / 20% city driving.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    i didnt even get that good of mileage when my car was stock. I got like 23-24 mpg. eek



    ------------------
    2000 GSR [email protected]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Tom Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually noticed better mileage...

    I could only get 240-250 stock and now I get 300 easily per tank. I even floor it once or twice a day.

    ------------------
    Houston, TX
    1999 FBP Civic EX auto SUPERCHARGED Performance: Jackson Racing Supercharger w/fuel pump
    Air Intake w/ Hiper Filter, Heat Shield Thermal Research & Development Cat-Back Exhaust, Accel Thundersport +300 Plug wires, Nuespeed Sport Springs, APC Rear Strut Tower Bar, APC Breather Filter, VTEC Light
    www.geocities.com/tom_civic99

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •